Our Mobile App Design and Development (Android) is a 30 hours classroom course. The course prepares participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to design and develop easy to use highly functional applications for both the consumer and enterprise market space. The course provide high level concepts required to design apps using latest principles with a significant hands on component exposing participants to the Android development ecosystem and all the required tools.
AUDIENCE PROFILE: Entry-mid level Java programmers aspiring to catapult their career in the mobile app development space.
PRE-REQUISITE: Entry level Java programming skills and basic level understanding of XML
COURSE TYPE: Classroom
DURATION: 30 hours COURSE DESCRIPTION
Techno Canada Center of Excellence’s Mobile App Design and Development (Android) course provides
you in a concise and accelerated manner the foundations required to develop simple, highly functioning and aesthetically pleasing mobile applications.
On course completion, you will receive a “Certificate of Completion” from Techno Canada Center of Excellence.
Our Mobile App Design and Development (Android) course covers the following topics at a high level:
Android development platform
- Development platform architecture
- Installing the Android ADT (Android Development Tools)
- Installing the Android SDK (Software Development Kit)
- Creating AVDs (Android Virtual Devices)
- Using ADT tools from the command line.
Activities, Intents, Fragments
- Using styles and themes
- Displaying dialog windows
- Fragment life cycle
Android User Interface
- Creating views and viewgroups
- Making layouts
- Changing screen orientation
- Using action bars
- Creating UI controls with Java
- Basic views
- List Fragments
- Image Views
- Using Menu with views
Database and Data persistence
- Saving and loading user preferences
- Persisting data to files
- Creating and using a database
- Creating and using content providers
- Creating and using SMS messages
Google Maps API
- Getting location data
- Displaying maps
Publishing Android Apps (5%)
- Deploying Android packages (APKs)
On course completion, the participants are expected to demonstrate the ability to:
- Conceptualize the design of Android applications.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Android App development tools and libraries (Android studio, ADT, SDK and AVDs).
- Design, develop and test Android applications.
- Work with Android studio to develop applications.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of data persistence in Android.
- Understand how to successfully publish Android apps on the Google Playstore.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Android UI and views.